12.09.2006

spur of the moment kind of thing...

wrote this last night while on the phone. could closely resemble a bit of John Mayer of you hear it..

Watching that clock hit 1:30
Let time pass by me
Night fading slowly
While I'm kicking back here while I'm miles away

Listening to you breathing
As you lay sleeping
With thesun slowly shinging
With some light and "good morning, I love you"

To watch you through the night is all that I'd do
To catch you in your dream fall is my dream come true

Ch
Let me lay down, down with the quiet
The quiet that I've found, found in the woman
The woman who let me give, give my life, heart, and mind

The clock just hit 2:30
It's already Sunday
Or is it just Saturday
I guess time don't matter much this time

Just let me stay and hold you tight
And whispering words of lullabyes
And should you wake before me, you'll feel that heart skipping beats
Then you'll find that through the night
You and I have taken flight

Ch
Let me lay down, down with the quiet
The quiet that I've found, found in the woman
The woman who let me give, give my life, heart, and mind
And when I should wake you
Let me stay for you, with you and by you
Kiss you and hold you
And tell you how much I love you

- 2:45 am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home